Employment law in California is not for the faint of heart. The arena is complex, the stakes are high and even minor mistakes can have serious ramifications. We specialize in maneuvering clients through the minefield and avoiding the financial and emotional toll employment disputes can take on a business. AMB’s lawyers draft employment agreements, policies and contracts designed to protect businesses against employment claims. They coach employers and managers in difficult situations, and when needed, head to the courtroom to protect clients against civil, criminal and administrative claims. Areas where the Firm specializes include:
- Harassment and other workplace investigations.
- Employee contracts, policies, handbooks and severance agreements.
- Terminations, wage and hour issues, employee discipline, disability and leave of absence issue counseling.
- Discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, retaliation and other employment law claims.
- Investigations by government agencies including the California Labor Commissioner, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, EEOC, OSHA and Cal-OSHA, and U.S. Department of Labor.
- Sexual harassment and other employee training.
Employment Law Attorney:
Kathryn M. Eppright
Kathy Eppright is the Chairman of the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group and a member of the firm’s Civil Litigation, Business and Real Estate Transactions, Hospitality and Wine & Agribusiness Practice Groups. Kathy’s practice focuses on employment litigation, counseling and workplace investigations. This combination of experience has given Kathy a unique perspective on dispute resolution. Read More..
Gordon Bosserman recently relocated to the Central Coast from Los Angeles where he was formerly an International Partner of Baker & McKenzie. He was a resident partner in Baker and McKenzie’s Los Angeles, California Office where he was Chairman of its Litigation and Employment Law Departments. Read More..
David A. Juhnke
Dave is Of Counsel to Andre, Morris & Buttery, where he assists clients in business and real estate transactions and litigation at the trial and appellate court levels. He also counsels and defends large and small businesses with respect to employment issues and disputes. Read More..
Michaela R. Cotton
Michaela Laird Cotton is an Associate at Andre, Morris & Buttery. She is a member of the Employment Law and Civil Litigation practice groups. Back in her hometown, Michaela uses that experience to assist local companies and individuals in a variety of litigation matters, including employment, land use and business litigation. Read More..