Employment law in California is not for the faint of heart. The arena is complex, the stakes are high and even minor mistakes can have serious ramifications. We specialize in maneuvering clients through the minefield and avoiding the financial and emotional toll employment disputes can take on a business. AMB’s lawyers draft employment agreements, policies and contracts designed to protect businesses against employment claims. They coach employers and managers in difficult situations, and when needed, head to the courtroom to protect clients against civil, criminal and administrative claims. Areas where the Firm specializes include:
- Harassment and other workplace investigations.
- Employee contracts, policies, handbooks and severance agreements.
- Terminations, wage and hour issues, employee discipline, disability and leave of absence issue counseling.
- Discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, retaliation and other employment law claims.
- Investigations by government agencies including the California Labor Commissioner, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, EEOC, OSHA and Cal-OSHA, and U.S. Department of Labor.
- Sexual harassment and other employee training.