Call us split personalities. Objective 1 is to keep our clients out of the courtroom, but when all else fails and we head to trial, Objective 2 is simple. AMB goes for the win — and we get it. Our attorneys are trained in all aspects of litigation, from negotiation and mediation to trial advocacy. We have extensive experience before California Trial Courts and Courts of Appeal, as well as, administrative agencies. The following represents many of the types of matters we handle:
- Discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, retaliation and other employment law claims.
- Environmental litigation including CEQA, land use, and the defense of toxic tort and property damage claims.
- All forms of business disputes including disputes arising out of purchase and sale, unfair competition claims, proprietary and trade secret information, and intellectual property claims.
- Disputes arising from real property acquisition, financing, property development, management, and disposition, including title contract disputes, judicial foreclosures, boundary disputes, easements, partitions, and commercial landlord/tenant matters.
- Contractor performance cases, including bid and change order disputes, delay claims, insurance coverage claims, as well as bonding and lien disputes.
- Disputes involving corporation control and operation of partnerships and LLCs.
- Construction and design defect cases.
Civil Litigation Attorney:
Jim Buttery is the former Chairman of the firm’s Civil Litigation Practice Group and a member of the firm’s Environmental and Land Use Practice Group. Jim assists his clients in all stages of a dispute, frequently providing counsel to his clients on how to avoid litigation or to develop a strategy that puts his client in the best possible position for litigation. Read More..
Kathryn M. Eppright
Kathy Eppright is the Chairman of the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group and a member of the firm’s Civil Litigation, Business and Real Estate Transactions, Hospitality and Wine & Agribusiness Practice Groups. Kathy’s practice focuses on employment litigation, counseling and workplace investigations. This combination of experience has given Kathy a unique perspective on dispute resolution. Read More..
Lisa L. Toke
Lisa LaBarbera Toke has been a principal at Andre, Morris and Buttery since 2007. She is a member of the firm’s Civil Litigation Practice Group. In the courtroom, Lisa has proven herself to be a highly effective communicator who can convey the story of her client’s case in a down-to-earth style. Read More..
Elizabeth has an unwavering ability to place herself in the shoes of her clients, a trait often lacking in litigators. Clients routinely comment that Elizabeth’s warm personality and sense of humor help them maintain a sense of normalcy during a difficult time in their lives. Elizabeth’s excellent legal writing skills also separate her from the rest. Read More..
Gordon Bosserman recently relocated to the Central Coast from Los Angeles where he was formerly an International Partner of Baker & McKenzie. He was a resident partner in Baker and McKenzie’s Los Angeles, California Office where he was Chairman of its Litigation and Employment Law Departments. Read More..
David A. Juhnke
Dave is Of Counsel to Andre, Morris & Buttery, where he assists clients in business and real estate transactions and litigation at the trial and appellate court levels. He also counsels and defends large and small businesses with respect to employment issues and disputes. Read More..
Michaela R. Cotton
Michaela Laird Cotton is an Associate at Andre, Morris & Buttery. She is a member of the Employment Law and Civil Litigation practice groups. Back in her hometown, Michaela uses that experience to assist local companies and individuals in a variety of litigation matters, including employment, land use and business litigation. Read More..