Email: [email protected]
Administrative Assistant: Marsha Forrest
Assistant’s Email: [email protected]
Address: 1102 Laurel Lane, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Telephone: (805) 543-4171
Fax: (805) 543-0752
For scheduling contact Marsha Forrest, Administrative Assistant, or feel free to contact Mr. Law directly to discuss questions or special arrangements.
Offices of Andre, Morris and Buttery at:
San Luis Obispo office: 1102 Laurel Lane, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, or
Santa Maria office: 2739 Santa Maria Way, Santa Maria, CA 93455
Offsite arrangements may be required for larger groups. Please inquire.
$350 per hour for mediation session (no minimums); which includes routine pre and post mediation session review and communications. Some cases may call for an hourly charge for such work, and if so, this will only be charged with prior consent of the parties.
Counsel is strongly urged to exchange briefs five days before the mediation session. If there are discreet topics that should be handled confidentially then those topics can be addressed in a separate brief or letter. Alternative arrangements can be discussed with the mediator prior to the mediation.
Summary of Experience
Practicing attorney for 37 years in the field of civil litigation with the firm of Andre, Morris & Buttery.
Andre, Morris & Buttery, a Professional Law Corporation, 1979 to present
- Principal since 1983
- Managing Partner December 2000 to 2006
- Litigation Group Chair 2010 to Present
Examples of Litigation Experience
Over the course of 37 years Mr. Law has served as lead attorney in the types of cases listed below. Many of these cases involved court or jury trials, some involved appellate proceedings and all involved settlement considerations including mediations, court settlement conferences and/or informal settlement discussions.
- Attorney Ethics and Contract
- Commercial Lending
- Contract Interference and Fraud
- Construction Disputes
- Design Professionals
- Entity Dispute
- Inverse Condemnation
- Land Use
- Probate Litigation
- Real Property
- Title Issues
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo B.A. Business, 1976
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1979
Selected Professional Activities
- Real Property and Litigation Sections of CA Bar Association; Litigation section American Bar Association
- Presenter of CEB program “Real Property Practice: Year in Review,” 2012-2014
- California Polytechnic State University: Adjunct professor, business law, 1982-1988; Lecturer, University Extension, contract law, 1985-1988
- Co-author of articles in Bender’s Labor & Employment Bulletin, 2008-2013
- Settlement Conference Judge Pro Tem appointments, San Luis Obispo County Superior Court, 1983-1994; 2015-16
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association: Former President and Board Member; various sections
Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law:
- Mediating the Litigated Case (40 hours)
- Preventing Bad Settlement Decisions and Impasse (18 hours)